Re: hpropd looping

Dr A V Le Blanc <LeBlanc@mcc.ac.uk> writes:

> I do notice
> that when I run hpropd manually, it produces the message
>
>      hpropd: socket af = 10: Address family not supported by protocol

In /etc/modutils/ipv6 I have:

  alias net-pf-10 off

and I don't get that message for hprop, but I do get a similar one
from slapd for some reason.

> I should also mention that I was puzzled that, when I change the
> database on the master and run hprop successfully, the slave database
> changes too, but the md5sums of the two databases differ.

Wouldn't you expect that anyway for db files which probably haven't
had records added identically?  If you look at a sorted dump of the
databases, the records actually differ (only) in the `generation
number' (end of the line), not that I know what that is.

> I am running kdc and hprop and hpropd on Debian sarge; the version is
> 0.6.3-6 and the architecture is i386.

It's OK for me with 0.6.3-4 but on sparc with basically woody systems
plus whatever the testing heimdal-kdc package depends on.

The message about looping does look vaguely familiar, but I'm not sure
whether I saw I from hprop at some time or something else.

Perhaps you could try iprop.  I don't remember why I don't have that
running, though I currently don't have a big database.