Command-line options for kdc

In working towards a libkdc with a real server context structure, I'm
trying to design a solution that I hope would be acceptable upstream.
Server configuration is one area that is a real pain to handle in
merging, so I'm trying to get this 'right'.

In terms of the current code, the command line options table assumes
static variables, and while I can work around this to then fill in
variables on my 'config' structure, I want to make sure I have to.  (And
would hate to do work to find that a cleanup of this area was actually
the preferred option :-)

That is, I notice that many of the command line options (such as --
enable-http and --kerberos4) are also available as krb5.conf/kdc.conf
parameters.  Is this a historical oddity, a feature that some sites use,
or is it in actual usage that the krb5.conf parameters are the ones
unused, and the command line is critical?

What I'm hoping is that I can reduce the number of command line
parameters, and then just kludge around the remainder.

Any comments?

Andrew Bartlett

This is a digitally signed message part