Re: Processing keytab in memory

That's good to know.  But how easy is it to build krb5_keytab_entry from individual fields?  Or is that function intended for adding an entry from one keytab to another only?

Thanks,
Terry

On 11/30/05, Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@samba.org> wrote:
On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 15:15 -0800, T C wrote:
> I can extract the entries and store the info into database, but how do
> I build the key table in memory later using these separate pieces of
> info, without the blob?

See krb5_kt_add_entry().  It takes the same krb5_keytab_entry structure
that the enumeration gives you.

> I can store the blob, but I would rather store small fields of info,
> not an arbitrary size piece of data.  I need to store some of those
> separate fields currently for display purposes anyway.

In Samba4, I'm going to store a little metadata (principal, plaintext,
kvno, last changed time), then either the blob or a reference to a real
keytab.

Andrew Bartlett

--
Andrew Bartlett                                http://samba.org/~abartlet/