[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: krb5-config and static vs shared
- To: Brian May <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: krb5-config and static vs shared
- From: Johan Danielsson <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2005 15:40:58 +0100
- Cc: email@example.com
- In-Reply-To: <firstname.lastname@example.org> (Brian May'smessage of "Thu, 01 Dec 2005 08:44:52 +1100")
- References: <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org><email@example.com>
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
- User-Agent: Gnus/5.1006 (Gnus v5.10.6) Emacs/21.4 (berkeley-unix)
Brian May <email@example.com> writes:
> What are pkg-config .pc files? Does heimdal come with any? Does it
> need to come with any?
They are similar to *-config, just wrapped up in the same program
(pkg-config). I thought about adding it, but it never happened --
should be easy though.
The problem with shared libraries is that there's really no way to
know how they work on a given system. Libtool tries to hide this, with
varying success. In this case, are shared library dependencies
supported or not?