Re: Miscellaneous questions regarding krb5.conf?

On Dec 14, 2005, at 10:49 , jay alvarez wrote:

> 3. perhaps the krb5.conf manual should indicate which sections/
> bindings is for a client and which is for a server. When I kinit
> from a machine with a lifetime of "10 hours" (kinit -l "10 hours"
> myusername@OUR.REALM) I got a ticket with a ten hours lifetime even
> if the "ticket_lifetime" in the [libdefaults] section of the kdc's
> krb5.conf is set to only 8 hours as well as in the clients krb5.conf.

Er?  The default "ticket_lifetime" is just that, a default lifetime
used if the client doesn't specify one.  If you want to clamp it then
you need to specify a maximum lifetime, not a default.

--
brandon s. allbery     [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]
allbery@kf8nh.com