[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Is it safe to just do another source-install over an existing installation??
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Is it safe to just do another source-install over an existing installation??
- From: jay alvarez <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 22:32:51 -0800 (PST)
- DomainKey-Signature: a=rsa-sha1; q=dns; c=nofws; s=s1024; d=yahoo.com; h=Message-ID:Received:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=co/URr8SsF2YS/ce6WJxQnS5gmg328mb56gIOBNVJuFxF922XJeNDdU44lsn7H6/vVDvaefncJEW3SHl60W45X/AZDTmFQppBu0XXn3D4u2DJw9O09AWpYgDx7pQmBdPMloxsPjEGuMVUNZagkpWasd0WVzOasIKB+7bdkMfouc= ;
- Sender: firstname.lastname@example.org
It seems like maintenance versions are constantly being released.
Is it safe to just do another ./configure && make && make install over an existing installation without breaking anything?
Just how does one upgrade an existing source installation into a newer version release?
Ring in the New Year with Photo Calendars. Add photos, events, holidays, whatever.