Re: [patch] miscellaneous mechglue stuff

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 16:36:54 +1000
Luke Howard <lukeh@PADL.COM> wrote:

> >> diff -u would be easier to digest, but I like the way you handle the
> >> 'fake GSSAPI' 8003 checksum problem.  I suspect we might move to that
> >> for Samba4/lorikeet-heimdal.
> >
> >It's too bad we hijack flags to do it. And it's too bad GSSAPI didn't
> >use a gss_auth_context type. Then we could add custom stuff to it and
> >the functions wouldn't need 5 million parameters. Standards - can't live
> >with'em, can't live without'em.
>
> Yeah, I'd be careful about that. See if there are some bits reserved for
> private/mechanism-specific flags and also use _X to lexically distinguish
> it.

I don't see anything about private bits. But the bit's I did choose are
in goofey places. The defined bits are 0x01FF so I just changed my code:

  /* SMB extended security uses MD5 checksum instead of 8003
   */
  #define GSS_KRB5_MD5_CHKSUM_FLAG_X      0x1000

  /* SMB extended security does NegTokenInit without optimistic token
   */
  #define GSS_SPNEGO_NO_OPTIMISTIC_FLAG_X 0x2000

Mike