Re: Password expiration patch

Hi Eric,

I have been working on a patch to allow for "pluggable" modules to be loaded into kadmin (much the same way the password quality checks are done) to allow for variable password lifetimes (rather than just reading a static value from the config files). The patch still has the same functionality (use config file value) if the modules are unconfigured, but could be used to do just about anything (we have a module which queries LDAP for an attribute, so that faculty/staff/students/systems people have different expirations).

Would such a patch be accepted into Heimdal, and if so, where should I send it?

I've not given much thought to how to do stuff like that. Viewed
from a greater perspecitive there seams to be many things that should
be configured depending on what "group" the user belonged too.

Please send the patch to the list or a pointer to the patch if its large.

When I've read the patch I can comment on what I think about it.

Love