Re: Solaris 10 Heimdal kerberos/ldap

Henry B. Hotz wrote:
> I just started working on this for Redhat.  Any gotcha's?  Does RedHat
> have ldap cacheing the way Solaris does?
>
> Solaris is next.  I would think you could use ldapclient to get ldap
> and cacheing configured.  Then put ldap in as a source in /etc/
> nsswitch.conf for whatever's appropriate.  Then put pam_krb5 in the
> relevant pam chains.  I think there may be an account chain that
> should have pam_ldap instead of pam_krb5.

Do yourself a favor and don't use Solaris ldapclient for anything. Not
if you already have Linux systems working with LDAP on your network; the
Solaris schema is incompatible with RFC2307 and just about anything
else. Jettison all their junk and install the PADL stuff so that you'll
get consistent identical behavior across Linux and Solaris.

--
  -- Howard Chu