Re: Changes in kdc.conf in from version 0.7.2 to version 1.0.1

20 sep 2007 kl. 18.45 skrev Alf Wachsmann:

> On Thu, 20 Sep 2007, Dr A V Le Blanc wrote:
>> I have a heimdal KDC running on a Debian box, using version 0.7.2.
>> I'm interested in changing to 1.0.1 because of a number of problems
>> that have been solved, but I see two difficulties when I experiment
>> with the later version:
>> [...]
>> (with the AFS cell name in it, of course) but this doesn't
>> seem to be acceptable to the new heimdal.  It objects to v5
>> with the message
>>
>>      kadmin: bad value for default_keys `v5': encryption type pw-
>> salt not supported
>
> I am having the same problem with 1.0.1 (and actually some earlier
> versions as well but I forget which ones) on Solaris 9 with OpenSSL
> 0.9.8e

Are you using the internal hcrypto or openssl (I btw recomend using
openssl) ?

There is a testcase that checks for this problem, so it's wierd that
it gets back and bites me again.
Can you check that "make check" passes in the build tree ?

Love