Re: Garbage on telnetd in 1.0.2 on Solaris 10

On Jan 2, 2008, at 17:59 , Måns Nilsson wrote:

> I've seen it on another host, using Sun-supplied gcc, as well.
> These two
> machines are the only ones I've got around with 08/07 Solaris 10,
> ie. u4.
> Earlier Solaris releases seem to work. Have not tried old releases of
> Heimdal; want all the new fun stuff.

I've seen it with older versions going back to the 0.6 series, always
with Solaris.  Occasionally some combination of restarting things
will fix it for a while, but I have yet to reproduce it consistently
enough to try to figure out what was going on (and I generally only
become aware of it under circumstances when "get it working now" is
the priority).  FWIW, we are not using Sun's gcc or Forte, but a
local build.

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery@kf8nh.com
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery@ece.cmu.edu