Re: Re: How to cross-compile

All,

Actually I was looking for something like what SAMBA does (has a --with-hostcc
option with its configure script).

This option in SAMBA allows for the pre-compiled helper tools to be compiled on
the native system (intel) while the CC flag is set to the cross-compiler
(PowerPC).

Right now I am trying to run the configure script with these options:
    ./configure --build=i686-pc-linux-gnulibc2.3 --host=powerpc-wrs-linux-gnu
--enable-bigendian --disable-afs-support --disable-berkeley-db CC=<path to PPC
CC compiler> LD=<path to PPC LD>