RE: libraries only build?

Quanah Gibson-Mount [mailto:quanah@zimbra.com] wrote:

> I build Heimdal just so I can use the libraries for linking against, but
> I've not found a good way to specify this is what I want via configure.

I so something similar occasionally, but I like to keep the
programs around (sometimes). What I've done in the past is put

--bindir=${prefix}/bin/heimdal
--sbindir=${prefix}/sbin/heimdal
--libexecdir=${prefix}/sbin/heimdal  (I don't use /usr/local/libexecdir)

but you could also just use the same parameters but
substitute /dev/null for the path or $HOME/whatever and
then throw them away after it's done.

Might be a hack but works for me. I'm sure others will come
up with a cleaner method.

--
Randy