Re: importing an existing base into ldap

Love Hörnquist Åstrand a écrit :

> 27 maj 2008 kl. 04.56 skrev Guillaume Rousse:

>>> No idea about the -NEW but another alternative approach. It is so
>>> obvious that might be not attempted. Just dump your current KDC, setup
>>> a new heimdal-ldap and restore the principals from the dump.
>> I sometimes feel stupid...
>>
>> OK, it works, but it chokes on some principals, by trying to create
>> entries without the attribute used in the DN:
>>
>> kadmin: db_store: ldap_modify_s:
>> http/ovirt2.lille.inria.fr@LILLE.FUTURS.INRIA.FR (DN=krb5PrincipalName=HTTP/ovirt2.lille.inria.fr@LILLE.FUTURS.INRIA.FR,ou=kerberos,dc=futurs,dc=inria,dc=fr)
>> Naming violation: value of naming attribute 'krb5PrincipalName' is not
>> present in entry
>>
>> Looking at the dump, it seems to be a case issue, as I got a
>> HTTP/ovirt2.lille.inria.fr@LILLE.FUTURS.INRIA.FR principal, imported
>> correctly, followed by a
>> http/ovirt2.lille.inria.fr@LILLE.FUTURS.INRIA.FR one, which triggered
>> the error.
>>
>> According to the ldap schema, krb5PrincipalName is case sensitive
>> (EQUALITY caseExactIA5Match), so should be the DN also.
>
> Can you remove the lowercase entry and make the dump pass ? The
> lowercase http/fqdn should only be used by older safari's (if I remember
> correctly)
That's what I did, I was just curious about the issue (especially as the
error message is not directly meaningful). I guess I could still
recreate the lowercase entries later directly in LDAP if really needed.
--
Guillaume Rousse
Moyens Informatiques - INRIA Futurs