Re: kpasswd failed to lookup password server from DNS SRV

Hi Henry,

Thanks for your reply.

It was a tpyo

@ bogus.example.com
_kerberos._udp IN SRV 1 0 88 kerberos.bogus.example.com
_kerberos._tcp IN SRV 1 0 88 kerberos.bogus.example.com
_kerberos-adm._tcp IN SRV 1 0 749 kerberos.bogus.example.com
_kpasswd._udp IN SRV 1 0 464 kerberos.bogus.example.com

I am using Heimdal 1.2. Since I could kinit the kerberos principal
without setting the krb5.conf, I think the DNS discovery by SRV records
is working fine. However, my problem is that I can change the password
in kadmin but fail to change the password with kpasswd and the error
message was  "kpasswd: krb5_set_password_using_ccache: unable to reach
any changepw server in realm BOGUS.EXAMPLE.COM".

Is it a problem of DNS setting? or I have to add more SRV records in
order to make it work?

Thanks a lot.

John Mok