The source code for Passepartout release 0.4 is now availiable for download.
Passepartout is an Open Source Desktop Publishing application for the X Windows environment. The goal of this project is to create a system capable of producing pre-press material of professional quality, but also to be a useful tool for any enthusiast with access to a printer.
Changes since 0.3
- Requires stable libxml++ 1.0.
- Uses the SGI's File Alteration Monitor if available. This will (in theory) reduce the the system load. Passepartout will revert to polling (stat(2)) if FAM is not installed or the FAM daemon isn't running.
- Passepartout and xml2ps now use a proper command line option
parser. Some xml2ps options have changed names, see
- The screen resolution is aquired from the X server.
The major version number is still 0, here's some of the main reasons for that (unchanged since 0.3) :
- Text frames are not always updated properly.
- Objects other than raster images are not rotated in the gui, although it works when they are printed.
- If an object that text should flow around covers an entire
- The fake transparency may not be completely reliable on all
systems, but it can be turned off by setting FakeTransparency to
- Resizing is broken for groups. Don't try to use it.