The source code for Passepartout release 0.5 is now available for download.
Passepartout is an Open Source Desktop Publishing application for the X Windows environment. The goal of this project is to create a system capable of producing pre-press material of professional quality, but also to be a useful tool for any enthusiast with access to a printer.
Changes since 0.4
- The document view has been rewritten to use
Gnome::Canvas. This eliminates the flickering (hurrah!) and makes the code a lot simpler.
- Rotation now works for all objects in the user interface.
- Using auto apply in the Object Properties and Text Streams windows.
- Much improved PDF support in
xml2ps(works with Acrobat Reader). (No PDF support in Passepartout yet though.)
- Explicit pagebreaks (
<pagebreak>) added to the
- Fixed file descriptor leak bug.
- The handling of raster images sizes has been improved. The file format has changed slightly.
- The stream parameter list is now updated when setting the stylesheet and disabled if the stylesheet lacks any parameters.
- The stream menu in the Object Properties dialog is now updated when the streams change.
- Empty strings are no longer allowed as Text Stream names.
- Fixed 'Arrrgh' bug in the page selector widget.
The major version number is still 0, here's some of the main reasons for that:
- Text frames are not always updated properly.
- The fake transparency may not be completely reliable on all
systems, but it can be turned off by setting FakeTransparency to
- Lots of strange stuff happens for grouped objects. Avoid it.