The source code for Passepartout release 0.6 is now available for download.
Passepartout is an Open Source Desktop Publishing application for the X Windows environment. The goal of this project is to create a system capable of producing pre-press material of professional quality, but also to be a useful tool for any enthusiast with access to a printer.
Changes since 0.5
- Support for PDF output! Mostly complete, we even have support for including EPS files. Limitations include lack of support for underlined text. Also, Type1 fonts are limited to the characters in the MacRoman encoding.
- TrueType font support, using FreeType.
- FontConfig is used to find font files. The config variable FontPaths is no longer used.
- Proper antialiasing of text and EPS images if Ghostscript supports the pngalpha device.
- The ZoomLevel config var is no longer ignored. In fact, allow the user to define their own zoom levels, with the first one as the default.
- Ghostscript is now told where to find the fonts.
- Fix postscript landscape mode. (Magnus Henoch)
- Fonts are included by default (always for PDF).
- The commandline help output is a bit more readable.
- EPS images should be properly rerendered when their geometry changes.
- CDATA Sections are no longer ignored.
The major version number is still 0, here are some of the main reasons for that:
- Lots of strange stuff happens for grouped objects. Avoid groups.