Re: domain/realm-mapping

> >   Holger> Is there a way to get Heimdal using FQDN's instead of crippled
> >   Holger> hostnames?
> >
> > Fix your NIS hosts map... Use FQDN's instead of just the hostname.
>
> This will break to many other things in our configuration. We don't want to
> do this. I'm looking for a smart way to integrate Heimdal in our network.
>
> Regards,
>    Holger

Speaking as someone who were running NIS for a long time (I am now thank
God free from the stinking mess) I can tell you that you are heading for
disaster by not using FQDNs. This will get progressively worse and you
will sooner or later have to face the music. Better do it now when you can
motivate the transition and all the problems associated with it by the
deployment of a new security infrastructure.

	Cheers Leif