Re: domain/realm-mapping

Holger van Lengerich <gimli@uni-paderborn.de> writes:

> >   Holger> Is there a way to get Heimdal using FQDN's instead of crippled
> >   Holger> hostnames?
> >
> > Fix your NIS hosts map... Use FQDN's instead of just the hostname.
>
> This will break to many other things in our configuration. We don't want to
> do this. I'm looking for a smart way to integrate Heimdal in our network.

Dunno if this is the way you should do it but...

When I had Suns with nis and wanted to get FQDN I added dns before nis in
the resolve part of nsswitch.conf (forgot where what name it has). That
solves the problem since most heimdal-krb5 lib does
gethostbyname(gethostname()) or equvialent.

Sorry if I can't be more exact, we turned off that last Sparc10 two month ago.

Love