Re: Linux PAM kerberos module

Le Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 09:57:10AM +1100, Brian May wrote:

>     Brian> Something is funny about using it with ssh (ssh just closes
>     Brian> the connection even though everything worked OK)
>
> gdm crashes in exactly the same way. It produces all the right
> prompts, etc, then logs me out again.

It looks like you didn't apply the patch for heimdal that I sent to the
list (also on http://ns1.logidee.com/~joko/heimdal/src/heimdal_cache.patch)

> Something will need to be done about this...

Presently, the problem that my heimdal patch corrects (memory cache
corruption when freeing the context it was created in) is in discussion
on the list between Gabor Gombas and Johan Danielson. I've received a
private mail from Johan Danielson that seems to imply that this problem
might be corrected in a next version of heimdal.

Anyway, if heimdal developpers don't consider it a bug, I've already
thought of a possible other solution.

> I will provide more details if anyone tells me what I should be
> looking for.

Set the "debug" option for the module in the pam conf files, and send me
(in private mail) the relevant entries from your auth.log (in case the
problem isn't the one I thought of).

Joel K.

--
I want to  argue that an  effective way of  promoting true computer literacy
would be to make Unix basics part of the curriculum... for everybody.