Re: heimdal 0.3d ftp client

    Love> Yes, your patch fixed the bug, but removed
    Love> functionality. Namely the check if the atoi found a number
    Love> or a string. And if you are going to change it, you can at
    Love> least change it to do what you expects it too (use
    Love> getsrvbyname).

Sorry, you are mistaken. All it did was abort with an error if
(port <= 0).

Since port can not be negative (anymore), the only difference is it no
longer aborts with an immediate error if (port == 0).

There is no logic to detect if atoi found a string, because according
to my man page atoi doesn't support detecting errors. The glibc info
page says atoi is obsolete, and says to use strtol instead.

So I guess these problems should get fixed too, as well as the port
number problem.

patches welcome ;-)

    Love> Users might do that. Look at a tcpdump and see what port
    Love> your host is using. Then tell me that you are not supprised.

I see port "ftp" (21)???
--
Brian May <bam@snoopy.apana.org.au>