Re: Converting kaserver DB to Heimdal

"Henry B. Hotz" <hotz@jpl.nasa.gov> writes:

> At 1:55 PM +0200 10/8/03, Andreas Haupt wrote:
>>
>>This would be nice if it worked. The other problem is: even if you got
>>hprop to preserve the time of the last password changing, kpasswdd does
>>not update this field any more. It always remains (in kadmin):
>>
>>Last password change: never
>>
>>This problem isn't solved with Heimdal 0.6.
>
> Woa doggies!
>
> We don't currently do password expiration and I was counting on that
> feature working.  I know you can set expiration times.
>
> I don't need counts of failed logins and such, but I do need to be
> able to manually expire accounts and I need to enforce password aging.
> How much of that stuff is implemented/enforced, and would it be a big
> deal to add what isn't there?

I think the password expiration is there (default expiration time is 1
year), just not the last password change information is stored.

Last password change have no field in the database and thus isn't
implemented, instead the modification time is set (and, if used, password
expiration is updated). But that might not help you.

Love

PGP signature