Re: problem: default realm in openssh

The test program recognizes the realm corretly:

# ./hostname_test pteryx
pteryx: hostname pteryx.natur.cuni.cz, realms NATUR.CUNI.CZ
# ./hostname_test tao
tao: hostname tao.natur.cuni.cz, realms NATUR.CUNI.CZ

The same output on both "working" and "bad" machines.

I also checked /etc/resolv.conf if it contains domain statement and it is
o.k., too.

Here is more description to my situation:

machine A: running kdc and kadmind, kinit works, kadmin works
machine B: client only, kinit works, kadmin works
ssh from A to A with ticket: works
ssh from A to B with ticket: "unable to find realm of host B"
ssh from B to B with ticket: "unable to find realm of host B"
ssh from B to A with ticket: works only if I use the FQDN as target,
                             with short name "unable to find realm of host A"

Does it make any sense ?

David