Re: Heimdal/OpenLDAP/Samba howto and bugreport

>>>setting ldap:o=skool as the searchdn will find both students and
>>>teachers.
>>>
>>>Tarjei
>>>

>>Is the same true for
>>
>>hdb-ldap-create-base
>>
>>too?
>>Thanks
>>Geza
>>

>Heimdal is not a user administration tool.  It is a kerberos server, and
>the reason you are using OpenLDAP, is to allow other (more suitable)
>tools to be your user administration tools.
>
>So, the answer is to simply create your users with some other tool, and
>have heimdal set kerberos keys on the existing entry.  The
>hdb-ldap-create-base should perhaps never be used - but for things like
>a 'init MY.REALM' in kadmin -l, it's useful to put these somewhere other
>than the root.
>
>Andrew Bartlett

That's quite clear, however in the given example of having users in
different organizational units shall I need to use as the
hdb-ldab-create-base parameter the basedn of the ldap server for init
MY.REALM or shall I init it multiple times.

Thanks

Geza Gemes