PKINIT status?

G'day,

I'm interested in the PKINIT code in the latest Heimdal snapshot
(20050207). What's the status of this component? How soon will it be
available in a stable release?

I tried to build the krb5 library in the snapshot with PKINIT enabled,
but it failed because of missing *_asn1.h files. I tried to create the
necessary *_asn1.h files from the asn1 directory, but the compiler
complains about the syntax in pkinit.asn1, etc.

So I replaced the asn1 directory of the heimdal snapshot with the latest
asn1-choice snapshot, Now I can compile pkinit.asn1, etc. With a bit
more fiddling of the makefiles, I can build libasn1 and use this to
build libkrb5.

But I still cannot compile krb5/pkinit.c -- I get "pkinit.c:787: error:
structure has no member named `_save'" error. I guess that the
asn1-choice snapshot needs some more work?

Or perhaps a previous heimdal snapshot is available that can be compiled
against an asn1-choice snapshot?

-- Geoff