Re: ldap <--> heimdal again

>> yes, such file "ldap_defaults.h" exists, but it is put in OpenLDAP built
>> directory, so, heimdal doesn't know anything about such file.
>>
>> so, the question remains, where is it hard-coded ?
>
> libldap.
>
> % strings /usr/xad/lib/libldap.so | grep var/run
> /usr/xad/var/run/ldapi

sol# strings /usr/local/lib/libldap.so | grep ldapi
ldap_is_ldapi_url
ldapi://
/usr/local/var/run/ldapi
sol#

so ...

1) it will not pick up socket name on the fly (if I change startup options
for slapd)

2) both guesses "/var/lib/ldapi" and "/var/run/openldap/ldapi" (which is
default start up option for FreeBSD) were incorrect

?

hmm, maybe it is worth adding configuration option for that socket ?

hmm, and how does it work for FreeBSD ? does anybody using
"/usr/local/var/run/ldapi" as startup option for slapd ?