Re: [patch] miscellaneous mechglue stuff

On Sun, 30 Apr 2006 19:26:02 +0200
Andrew Bartlett <abartlet@samba.org> wrote:

> I'm lost.  Why do we need to add extra flags?  For the checksum at
> least, I thought the not-8003 was just a defect we needed to be
> compatible with (due to samba3 and similar designs).  What am I missing?

Ahh, I think you're right. At least sending an 8005 checksum to W2K3
server works. I would be curious to know if Windows clients send the MD5
checksum though. If not, then you're right, we don't need the checksum
flag.

The change to *accept* MD5 should still be applied of course.

> On SPNEGO, can't you just tell because there was no input token, and you
> are on the server side, that you are in the special case?

Sending a NegTokenInit without an optimistic mechToken is the problem.

Mike