Re: Ultra-modern autootols toolchain (autoconf > 2.61, automake >1.10) required?

Buchan Milne wrote:
> Is there a reason for r this requirement, or is it just what it was tested
> with?

For Debian, I had problems using anything other then the latest of
everything, even after updating the configure.in requirements. Most
notable, libtool was broken; it set $echo early on but tried to use
$ECHO. Or vice versa. Every $ECHO statement tried to execute the message
instead (because $ECHO was empty), which didn't work too well.

I just wanted something to work, so I didn't investigate into any more
depth. I am not entirely convinced this is a Heimdal issue either, but I
wasn't sure what else could have suddenly caused this issue to occur.

Brian May