Re: Ultra-modern autootols toolchain (autoconf > 2.61, automake >1.10) required?

--On Wednesday, June 25, 2008 06:24:25 AM +0200 Honza Macháček
<Hloupy.Honza@centrum.cz> wrote:

> Libtool elder than 2.2 creates configure script that defines ECHO but
> uses $echo, which is undefined. Apparently there is no other problem,
> however. So while libtool-2.2 was masked in Gentoo for problems wih many
> other packages I simply used an elder version, and then called sed to
> downcase ECHO in the generated configure. Heimdal then built and tested
> well.

I've never seen that problem with any libtool-using package in many years.
Is it somehow specific to heimdal?  Are you mixing libtool.m4 from one
version of libtool with ltmain.sh from another?  That can happen if you
re-run aclocal on a system with a different version of libtool, but don't
also run libtoolize --force