Re: Heimdal and r* client programs

On Wed, Aug 14, 2002 at 12:46:07AM +0100, Simon Wilkinson wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Aug 2002, Jason Garman wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 13, 2002 at 01:49:58PM -0600, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> > >
> > > Following up my own question, I can ssh to a kerberized machines with
> > > the version 1 protocol. It's version 2 (and automatically getting the
> > > TGT) that I'm interested in.
> > >
> > Look at http://www.sxw.org.uk/computing/patches/openssh.html.  Note
> > however that last time I tried to use this patch with Heimdal I ran into
> > problems (since the MIT and Heimdal GSSAPI API are different, sigh...)
>
> The patch is intended to work with both MIT and Heimdal Kerberos. Whilst
> its developed with the MIT code, I am keen to accept Heimdal specific
> fixes. If you believe there are issues with the Heimdal support in it,
> please let me have patches (and let me know which version of Heimdal you
> have tested them against).

The GSSAPI patch appears to be included in FreeBSD's openssh-portable
port, but the non-FreeBSD machines (RedHat Linux 7.3, mostly) don't have
a reasonably easy (automated) way to follow current openssh versions
with the GSSAPI patch. Are there plans to incorporate the patch into the
main openssh tree?

Thanks for your assistance,

- Tillman

--
Laws to suppress tend to strengthen what they would prohibit.  This is the fine
point on which all the legal professions of history have based their job