Re: Login prompt when starting services after FreeBSD port install

On Mon, 2004-05-03 at 19:55, Tillman Hodgson wrote:
> Which part was right? :-)

I had HEIMDAL_HOME set to /usr at one point when it seemed to not
install correctly. After figuring out the issue, I set it to /usr/local.
However, I think a deinstall must have removed those files.

> Restoring your files can be done from a backup or from something like a
> "make installworld"[1]. Rebuilding the port after cleaning up
> /etc/make.conf can install the Heimdal port files in the "normal"
> location.
>
> Note that Heimdal is more-or-less integrated into FreeBSD already -- the
> port isn't necessary (though it does provide some shiny bits over the
> integrated version). See the Handbook chapter for details.[2]
>
> -T
>

> 1. http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/makeworld.html

Unfortunately, I only have a weeks worth of backup and this problem is
older than that. Do I need to go through all the steps in this document
or maybe just the section '21.4.1 The Canonical Way to Update Your
System'?

Thanks for your help...

--
Robert