Re: Processing keytab in memory

T C and Andrew,

> I chose to write it out to a file before parsing it because that seems to be
> the best option I got.  I can't hack it because I need to keep my patches at a
> minimum since our system needs to integrate newer versions easily.

I've been thinking about adding a text version of the keytab format so
keytab can easily be transported between systems. I think I would use the
same format as the file keytab. Basicly it would be a base64 encoded file
with appropriate header, see below. And to this there would be support
function in the kerberos libaries to import the text into a keytab (memory
or file).

Would this solve your problems ?

Love

------BEGIN KERBEROS 5 KEYTAB------
Format: 4
Created-by: Love <lha@datan.it.su.se>

ntKSpAmri3nLPi6y8lRfFxs779Bzaoe3/RgEU3ASmTB20UOBJvmo8b42L6+AcAtx
TcnSfCbkRqN+FfjNNlnwUSYAA42lobvYnLh42hFTi/0js2pJ03S3ulXxhTcbDJLK
vOKK67KGlfGI1hct2jltGIbVwc4YH53Y3VBa5LpZT965rg
------END KERBEROS 5 KEYTAB------

PGP signature